Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/15/17

28 years later ...

Used in a sentence:  "28 years later ... and I'm still forever grateful for the events surrounding March 15 of 1989."

I don't know that I could ever say it better than I did on the 25th anniversary of this date, but suffice it to say that I celebrate the Ides of March each year because that's the day that I struck out on my own and finally ran away from home while I was senior in high school.

It wasn't the first time I had run away (surely you know by now the story of my trip to Hills wearing twenty pairs of socks because I thought that made more sense than just one pair of shoes where I spent all my VBS collection money for the week at the bubble gum machine after I hid my star wars blanket that was over my shoulder hobo style with my Hardy Boys books in it in the swamp that used to be next to the east end Burger King ... or the story of walking the railroad tracks at night and sleeping in my dad's van until he found me in the morning when he was headed to work ... or the time I made it all the way to the Hebron church parsonage with my belongings but had to return home as the law was on the side of the stepmother - until it wasn't the next time) ... but Mar 15th of 1989 was the time I ran away and it STUCK.

If you are so inclined, you can read the details in the link below from that other post a few years ago ... but otherwise, just know that I pause to thank the likes of Mrs. Schools, Judy and Wendy W, Sherry G, Kerri G's dad and Steve B every year on this date for the role they played in setting me on a completely different course for my life.

Back then (and even today), I couldn't have been more #blessed, in the vernacular of today's youth.

THE 25th ANNIVERSARY POST:
https://capcognition.blogspot.com/2014/03/random-soapbox-for-saturday-31514.html

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T HAVE MY SUPPORT SYSTEM:
https://www.1800runaway.org/

BECAUSE IT DIDN'T END THIS WAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNYA4pAGjI