Saturday, March 25, 2017

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/25/17

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... I will ... because all throughout the Lenten season, I'm going to rave instead of rant ...

[note:  I know you're likely not reading this until long after Lent, but thanks to the power of post-dating on the blog, I'm going to slip this in to the spot where I had originally intended it to be ...]

This one's simple -- my get well basket is better than your get well basket ... and, to start with, it's because it's not a basket at all.

*This* first aid kit was waiting for the household when there were a few back to back hospital visits this past spring.  And let me tell you, the bar has been raised when it comes to what you'll need to get you through your recovery period after an illness.  In case you can't see everything that was packed inside this metal case with a lockable glass door, there was two cans of chicken noodle soup, four jars of candy (cherry drops, lemon sours, jelly beans and a trail mix), a bottle of water, some tea, a hangover ice cap and a bunch of bandaids.  The only thing missing was the bacon ... but maybe it couldn't be personalized ... and not that I'm complaining.

It almost made me want the results of my recent endoscopy to be something problematic just to keep the good gifts coming!

10 MORE UNIQUE IDEAS:
http://heavy.com/social/2017/01/top-best-get-well-soon-gifts-ideas/

WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO WRITE YOUR OWN MESSAGE:
http://ideas.hallmark.com/articles/encouragement-ideas/get-well-wishes/

IN CASE YOU HAVE A SICKO IN YOUR LIFE:
https://www.gifttree.com/p3/6774/get-well-medicine-cabinet-1