Friday, February 10, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 2/10/17

Twenty years ago, it was clearly a Knoebels kind of afternoon.

Well -- *almost* twenty years ago -- seeing as how the date stamp on this photo definitely says August.  As I explained in the last 1997 photo in this series, there aren't a lot of pics from that year what with all the difficult law schoolin' that was going on in that era.

It's fair to say though, that if there is a picture that is two decades old, there's going to be a Whitman in it ... and that's little Jakey along for the hot air balloon ride.

I *wish* I had a third picture to go with this one and the tilt-a-whirl one from that last post -- a shot of us on the Phoenix rollercoaster (the best ride at the Grove when I was Jakey's age), but that experience from that day is going to have just live on as only a memory for which there is no photographic proof ... and maybe we'll have to recreate it next September when I'm home again.